Holidays, Spread LoveNo Comment
Give Something Away Today
Today is a fun day to celebrate! It’s National Give Something Away Day. And that means it’s a great day to do something nice for someone. And I can’t think of a better day to celebrate!
Here are some ideas to think about:
- Take something from your garden to your neighbor.
- Grab a bouquet of flowers as you’re checking out at the grocery store and give to a stranger.
- Email your child’s teacher or a teacher friend and ask what you can buy today for their classroom.
- Give away some of your time today by calling or texting that friend you haven’t seen in a while.
- Put out some (sealed) bottles of water for your mailman, trash collectors, etc.
- Know a friend who needs a boost? Go online and send them an e-Gift Card.
- Stop by your church’s office today and give an extra tithe or take a special treat to the staff.
- Buy lunch for a coworker today.
- Call and set up a time to babysit for some friends for free!
- That bag you’ve been driving around in trunk for weeks where you cleaned out your closet? Finally take it to a donation center today!
- Put some extra cash in your pocket and give to the homeless man/woman that you often pass.
- Go online and donate to your favorite charity.
- Pay for the coffee of the person behind you in line.
- Leave an extra tip for your server.
- Give up your place in line.