More Help for Maskne
Many people are still wearing masks either out of precaution or for their jobs. And they’re dealing with “maskne”. The breakout that occurs underneath the mask due to the yucky breath juice. You know what I’m talking about!
Here are some tips to help…but also just some great tips all around for anyone!
- If you are an all-day wearer, skip the make-up under the mask. Instead go bold with your eyes and brow.
- Grab some make-up wipes and cut them in half and store them in your bag or purse or desk to do a quick swipe during the day. Better yet, grab toner and a few pads.
- Treat those dots with some charcoal. For intense breakouts, you can spot treat overnight. For maintenance, try for a mask once or twice a week. (R+F has a great charcoal mask.)
- Do some GENTLE exfoliation. Gentle is key. Irritated skin will just get more irritated under a mask. The Micro-Dermabrasion Paste will gently breakdown that top layer of dead skin (the layer that builds up into those little acne dots), to give you a smooth, fresh glow.
- Use a light moisturizer that won’t irritate or clog your pores.